This course covers the essentials of Indian Spiritual Heritage, as also the major scriptures of the Hindu tradition. It is taught over a period of 2 years.
Medium of Instruction: English
Please note: There is a similar course, but a little more detailed, on ‘Essentials of Indian Spiritual Heritage’ which is taught in Bengali, namely Bharatiya Adhyatmik Aitihyar Sarsankshep.
The Scriptures covered are as follows
- Selections from the Vedas
- Upanishads – Isa (or Isavasya), Katha, Kena, Mundak
- Valmiki Ramayan – Overview and selected portions
- Mahabharat –Overview and selected portions
- Puranas – An Overview
- Mahanirvan Tantra
- Bhagavad Gita
- Aspects of Indian Philosophy (Darshana Sastra)
Click here for Admission Details page